Saturday, February 2, 2008

Robin Hood!

The first thing i ever wrote i believe.

I was in my sixth standard. It was the half-yearly examination, and the last question of my english paper was to finish a poem! She had given two sentences.. and we had to finish it. It went like this -

My neighbour is Robin Hood,
and he lives in Sherwood.

In the middle of the wood he would stand,
with his merry band.
Up the trees he would climb,
leaving his band far behind.
He would then scout the wood,
for any sign of food.

Later, he would crouch behind the bushes,
until a merchant comes in glee.
He would pounce upon him like a tiger,
and the merchant would flee.
He would rob the merchant of his wealth,
and go back with stealth.
On the way, if he saw a stag,
he would kill it and put it in his bag.
And he would use his spear,
to kill many a deer.

Back inside the middle of the wood,
he would give all his loot and food,
to those who were in need,
all his loot and food indeed!

In this way he would live his day,
happy and gay..
------------

That was it. She said it was very good. I was understandably ecstatic about completing something of my own. Good or no - I am still happy there are not more than one or two grammatical mistakes there :).

No comments: