Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Mobile Home

Life goes on in the hostel as hectic as usual..bunking classes,eating junk food,solving crosswords,novels,musik,bulla..amidst it all i had a weird feeling there was something wrong.

IIT K had given me a room.I never went there!

I am either eating at the canteen,reading in the reading room,playing in some field,or bulla in some wing.I even sleep in different rooms!As a result,my things get spread over the hostel.Very inconvenient.

Coupled with the fact that i recently lost my room key for a record eight time(the only sort of thing i can beat my roomie in,i lead 8-0 :-( ),and also that wheneva i see my roomie these days,its invariably because i am asking for his key...

I mean,just imagine.You dont attend classes much.You don't get much motivation to study.Loads of other activities going on.Say you SOMEHOW gather the interest to pick up the books and study..you find that you've left this thing there an that rooms locked an the other guys lost his key and this guy s not there....You get the drift.

So i came up with a novel concept.An innovative method tailor-made to suit my needs of the moment.A mental breakthrough which left me on an intellectual high on conceiving the idea.

The Mobile Home.

Yep.I carry around my home with me...how can you do that you say?i ll have to carry two three bags don't i?
Ah.there s the catch.See,if you're the sort of guy/gal i am,it aint no big deal.Let me elucidate.The following constitute the contents of my Patented(yah) Mobile Home backpack.

*Three novels(from the book club)
*All three prescribed texts of the course
*One Rough Note
*One Nokia Charger.
*Collection of DVD'S(Two packs)
*One tooth-brush
*The Day's Newspaper
*A mix of pens and pencils
*A pair of bathroom slippers(i ll be wearing shoes)

TA-DA!
done.
Mob in the right pocket.Wallet on the left.
Life on the fast lane.

Clothes?Hmmm...i can visit ma room once a week...more than enough :-)
All together very light on the back.Now i dont live anywhere.I Just camp from place to place. :-)
Simple.

Now i ve got bored of this Computer Centre..am moving to the TV room.Will camp there a few hours.;-)

Ahh.The nomads must have lived in Bliss.I am certainly feeling heavenly.With my MH around,life cant get more convenient.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Firstly, it would've been very sensible to put in an extra key into that "mobile home" yours(I still remember the SIS guards breaking open you room on Diwali). But then, why am i even suggesting this? the whole concept sucks. Granted, you don't live in your own room. But it would've made more sense if you'd put yer stuff into club114 and get on with it. I mean, what's the point of carrying such a big bag(it is BIG) around when you don't have to. Now consider this, what if you forgot the bag in somebody's room?(like you did in mine last night) In such a case, not even your room-mate would be able to save you. Another important point: what if you have to shit in another wing?What would you do for toilet paper dear boy? Tear a page out of one of your notebooks? Or use the newspaper? Maybe you could use that toothbrush of yours. You haven't got toothpaste, so you can't brush anyway. The three prescribed texts! Yessir, Mr. Saketh Murthy will have us believe that he's gonna study when he has spare time. Bathroom slippers? For what? A pair of DVD's? Any movie you want can be downloaded from the lan before you can say download. So what's all this shit about?You know perfectly well that you visit your room atleast once in three days. So what's the point of getting three novels from the book club? Perhaps to use them for spare toilet paper? It would make much more sense if you wore a jacket with bigger pockets. It seems to me that this "mobile home" of yours is just a stunt-something to give you the feel of a hitchhiker. It's nothing more than a useless costume and trust me, guys from the dram club can dress up with more elan!

Ashish said...

dude dude duuuuuuuuude what can i say?!! siddhartha has just screwed u PROPERLY. nothing i can say will do justice next to his UBERLY AWESOME post, so ill end this :) nice writing siddhartha!